Tuesday 10 June 2014

The End of the Beginning of the End

When life finally starts to fall into place, it does it all at once. It's really starting to feel that way.

It's been a while since I posted anything on this here blog and it's been with good cause. I've been swamped. My personal life - or reality, since we're all online to escape from it, I imagine - has been ripe with responsibilities and adjustments that have taken priority as my family and I attempted to get ourselves back on track. Along the way, I've attempted to juggle a few other projects, run some games, play in others, and make it all work without going crazy.

I'm happy to say it may finally start paying off.

Not going into any great detail, but if you know anything about the struggles we've been going through then I can say they're finally coming to an end. Not starting to come to an end… coming to an end. For the first time in years, I feel as if I have control over my life and some room to maneuver. The timing couldn't be any better as I'm planning to officially announce my next personal RPG project in two weeks. Yep, the one I've been documenting on my Under the Hood column on Roleplayers Chronicle (hence the reason why I've barely posted here). Add to that my wife starting a new job tomorrow, a raise at my job, and so many other tiny details…

There's still some shell-shock, I'll admit. Sometimes you're down in the gutter so long that it's impossible to remember what it's like at ground level. That's all we've ever wanted, to stand at ground level for a while. Now it seems we'll have that chance. Sometimes it's not about carrying on the good fight against all odds because determination is not a guarantee for success. Sometimes it's about knowing what matters most and learning when you've been punched in the gut enough to walk away and show dignity in defeat. Sometimes that makes you a better person than sticking it out to the bitter end. Sometimes you just want to be normal again.

NOTE: One of those aforementioned projects was Mercenary Breed 2.0, a science fiction RPG project I worked on with Aaron Huss and his team from Mystical Throne Entertainment. As of yesterday, it's officially complete and ready in both Savage Worlds and Legend editions, so check it out and see if it's up your alley. My own credits include one-half of the writing team for Xenopedia (an alien guide/bestiary) and editor for many different chapters throughout the entire saga. 

No comments:

Post a Comment