Friday 27 January 2012

Kickstarter Updates: 15%, Baby!!

I am the Warden!!

It's been two days since the Kickstarter project started and already Killshot: An Assassin's Journal sits at 15% of its goal with just two backers to date. At this rate, it's possible to hit $800 within the next 10 days, though I'm not inclined to actually believe that'll happen - I'm a pessimist through and through. Still, it's off to a very good start and I'd like to thank those who have taken the leap of faith so far.

There's a lot more work to be done on my end to keep the word alive. This is the real challenge and one I'll have to repeat throughout my career: to keep plugging a product long after it's been released. For now, aside from the usual blog posts, Facebook, G+, and Twitter, I've placed the video for Killshot: Proposal on YouTube with links to the Kickstarter page in the hopes of gaining attention from the video alone. Next week, I'll be hunting the forums of sites like EN World, RPG Net, and more to get as many eyes on that page as possible.

Without a finished product to distribute or an existing reputation (something I've noticed quite a few projects have), the video is truly the selling point for Killshot. It shows a level of commitment and dedication to the idea, or at least enough to make someone say "Hmm, this looks serious." On that note, I've posted a copy of the final cut for Killshot: Proposal below... because you're all beautiful and deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment